- Beginner only terrain with great mellow slopes
- Interconnected with El Colorado and lift ticket covers skiing at both
- Town of Farellones has a few dining and accommodation options and makes for a great base to visit the Tres Valles resorts
- Ski hire here is generally more affordable than El Colorado
- Beginner terrain only - more experienced skiers and snowboarders will have to head to El Colorado instead
- Extremely small ski area
- There are only a few surface lifts
If you want to experience skiing the Andes, but aren’t interested in the resort experience, then Farallones is for you! A charming mountain village, Farallones offers you a more authentically Chilean experience, and a wider array of lodging options, than you’ll find in purpose-built resorts. Its benign slopes are perfect for beginners, and it’s linked to El Colorado’s wider variety of terrain, making Farellones a great choice for families. It’s also close to the other resorts in Tres Valles - La Parva and Valle Nevado – so it’s a fantastic spot for skiers and snowboarders who want to try them all!
Not for you? Read about other resorts
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport
Farellones (2 hours)
- Close to restaurants
- Small village with a larger range of cheaper lodging
- Best nightlife
Base of El Colorado (3-5 mi)
- Ski-in/ski-out lodging available
- Apartments have transfers to resort
- Cheaper than La Parva and Valle Nevado
Farellones only has beginner terrain, making it the ultimate learning area. There is only one lift here to help never-evers sample the mellow terrain however there is an abundance of more challenging beginner terrain over in El Colorado which can skied under the same lift ticket.
There is no intermediate terrain here. Best to check out the interconnected neighboring El Colorado instead which can also be skied under the same lift ticket.
There is no advanced terrain here. Neighboring resort El Colorado is interconnected and has a few advanced/expert trails which you can ski under the same lift ticket, although their black runs are not very challenging. Nearby La Parva and Valle Nevado has more suitable advanced and expert trails.
Given the small size of Farellones, freshies get tracked out quickly.
Ditch the crowds
If there are crowds here, they will most likely be coming from El Colorado.
Non-skiers can choose from a small range of winter activities at Farellones such as tubing, zip lining, snow biking and sledding.
For families with beginners, Faronelles is a great starting point. The town of Faronelles is also a convenient place to stay with a range of dining and lodging options as well as easy access to the Tres Valles ski resorts.
|child lift ticket||TBA||TBA|
|adult lift ticket||TBA||TBA|
|value for money||-||-|
|average total snowfall||-||7″|