Build your Eldora Ski Trip
Lodging, lift tickets, rentals, lessons and transfers.
Learn more about Eldora
- Just 75 minutes drive from Denver and skips the chaos of the I-70!
- Variety of terrain for its size and 100% snow making on groomed runs
- Relatively inexpensive
- Steep runs including some of the steepest tree skiing in Colorado
- No crowds
- Short vertical and small size by Colorado standards
- Expert terrain gets tracked out quickly
- Frequent wind closures and less snowfall compared to other Colorado resorts
- Lack of parking on weekends means parking at and taking the shuttle from nearby high school
- Nearest proper lodging is 30 minutes away in Boulder
One of the most accessible resorts from Denver, Eldora sits just 75 minutes drive away from the mile high city. While it lacks the acreage and vertical compared to other Colorado resorts, Eldora does offer up a wide variety of terrain. From a separate beginner's area to some of the steepest tree skiing in the state, Eldora has it all!
Denver International Airport
Eldora (1.5 hours)
Boulder (20-25 mi)
- Closest proper lodging to Eldora, just 30 minutes drive
- Wide a range of accommodation
- Variety of dining and nightlife options
Denver (50-55 mi)
- Easily accessible, 75 minutes drive from Eldora
- Plenty of dining, nightlife and attractions
- Wide range of accommodation
There's a separate beginners area with green only runs and slower lifts, perfect for never-evers! More experienced beginners looking for a challenge should try out Fun Gully. It's not too wide, features a few rollers and is a bit off the beaten path.
Intermediates will be spoilt for choice with a wide variety of blues on the front side of the mountain, all of which can be accessed from the high-speed 6-person Alpenglow Lift. Our pick for intermediates would have to be International, a long groomed run which gives you access to other fun blues to cruise!
From bumps to groomers to some of the best steep glades in Colorado, Eldora has it all! Take the Corona lift to access some of the finest black and double black diamonds here. Our favorite would have to be Salto Glades, a steep tree glade like no other, packed with drops and chutes! Best of all, the powder between the trees stays fresher for longer!
The freshest snow can be found on the mildly pitched and sometimes groomed black runs Wolf Tongue and Alpenhorn. Just note they get tracked out by locals quickly on weekends!
Ditch the crowds
Arrive between 7:30am - 8:00am on weekends to avoid the chaos at the base area and parking lot. Lift queues aren't a problem here as the front side clears out pretty quickly!
Besides snowshoeing and Nordic skiing, there's not much for non-skiers to do here. However, Boulder is just 30 minutes drive away and has a range of attraction, activities, nightlife and great dining options.
Eldora offers terrain for all ski abilities and the mountain is relatively easy to get around, making it an ideal place for families. It's close proximity to the attractions and activities at Denver and Boulder is also a bonus!
|beginner||18 %||10 %|
|intermediate||43 %||30 %|
|advanced||19 %||37 %|
|expert||20 %||23 %|
|child lift ticket||$69||Free|
|adult lift ticket||$119||$100|
|value for money|
|average total snowfall||138″||180″|